Sunday, November 28, 2010

Final Season

"Great moments... are born from great opportunity. And that's what you have here, tonight, boys. That's what you've earned here tonight. One game. If we played 'em ten times, they might win nine. But not this game. Not tonight. Tonight, we skate with them. Tonight, we stay with them. And we shut them down because we can! Tonight, WE are the greatest hockey team in the world. You were born to be hockey players. Every one of you. And you were meant to be here tonight. This is your time. Their time is done. It's over. I'm sick and tired of hearing about what a great hockey team the Soviets have. Screw 'em. This is your time. Now go out there and take it." quote taken from the motion picture, Miracle.

So, I don't play hockey but as an athlete, this quote touches me. I thought I'd add something alittle personal to my posts; one of my passions is my basketball team. Many basketball players would say that their passion is basketball but I've realized throughout my college career that the bond formed on and off the court is what i love the most.  Of course I love the sport itself and this year happens to be my last season playing college basketball.  A video was made for my school's online newspaper, The Brick, featuring a preview of my team.  Check it out. 


1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate to this Sarah, i also know that all your hard-work will be an excellent tool to use in life after bball.

    ReplyDelete